Terry Sanderson (1946-2022) was a leading UK secularist and gay rights activist, author and journalist. He was president of the National Secular Society from 2006 until 2017 and was a long-standing columnist for Gay Times.
Terry was a writer and has contributed to many books and magazines. His published works include:
- The Reluctant Gay Activist an autobiography is available on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reluctant-Gay-Activist-Terry-Sanderson/dp/B09BYN3DD9/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
- The Gay Man’s Kama Sutra (2003) London: Carlton Books, ISBN978-1-84222-794-7
- Assertively Gay: how to build gay self-esteem (1997) 2nd revised edition, London: The Other Way Press, ISBN978-0-948982-10-1
- The Potts Papers (1996) London: The Other Way Press, ISBN0-948982-09-8
- Mediawatch: treatment of male and female homosexuality in the British media(1995) London: Continuum International Publishing, ISBN 978-0-304-33186-4
- Stranger in the Family: how to cope if your child is gay (1991) London: The Other Way Press, ISBN0-948982-03-9, (2nd ed, 1996)
- Making Gay Relationships Work (1990) London: The Other Way Press, ISBN0-948982-02-0
- “Gays and the Press” (1989), in Shepherd, Simon and Wallis, Mick, Coming on strong: gay politics and culture, London: Routledge; Chapter 13, pp. 231-241, ISBN0-04-445352-3
- The Potts Correspondence and Other Gay Humour (1987) London: The Other Way Press, ISBN0-948982-01-2
- How to be a Happy Homosexual (1986) London: The Other Way Press, ISBN0-948982-00-4, (5th ed, 1999)
A profile of Terry can be found on Wikipedia.
If you want to contact Terry’s partner Keith please send an email using the form below. Please include your email address in the body of the message.